I don’t think we could have asked for a more perfect day for Stephanie and Robert’s wedding at Pyramid Lake Resort in Jasper. It’s not often you can get such a beautiful fall day in the mountains in mid October!
Here’s a peek into their day!
From the Couple
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
We wanted a dark and moody fall mountain wedding. Rob also really wanted a navy suit and brown shoes! I am OBSESSED with a dark wine//burgundy colour so it worked out perfectly. We expected snow, rain, or overcast, and instead got a beautiful and bright sunny fall day!
Approximate number of wedding guests:
We had about 57 guests at our wedding, including us. We wanted to keep it small and intimate, and it was the perfect group to celebrate with.
Your top 3 best moments and why:
This is a really hard question!
– Our ceremony: It was so beautiful, perfect weather, my Step-Dad officiated, and so stunning on the lake with surrounding mountains.
– Having our families together: We both have quite large immediate families, and so have everyone together and mingling made our hearts burst!
– Reception: The reception was so gorgeous, and the team at Pyramid Lake was AMAZING! I kept saying to Rob, “We should get married more often, this is incredible!”
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
We had three songs on our list for a long time. All three songs mean a lot to us, we decided to go with “The Rest of Our Lives” by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, it fits us perfectly – the lyrics get us every time – and 8 year old me would have fallen right over with joy if she knew that her wedding song was by Tim & Faith!
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
It is hard to pick a top three, after working for so long on planning, to see all the details come together was so amazing. The flowers and decor were stunning together!
I think the sentimental details really meant a lot to us:
– Rob wearing his Grandfather’s ring and cuff links.
– My Nana gifted me my Great-Grandmother’s handkerchief the morning of the wedding.
– I wore a ring on my right hand given to me by my Step-Dad when he and my Mom were married, as well as a ring given to me by my two Maid’s of Honour.
– Rob had my engagement ring custom made using his Mom’s wedding and engagement rings.
– The ring box used was made by Rob using beautiful wood from my Papa.
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
Breathe, it’s ok. Things will go wrong, but it doesn’t matter. Everyone one will have an opinion, but the only one that matters is your partner and yours. Enjoy the day – everyone says it goes by so fast, and they aren’t lying! Look around and take it in! Rob and I both had a bit of tunnel vision during the ceremony, thank goodness we had awesome photographers to document 😉 Surround yourself with the people who you love most and support you, and all will fall into place.
We went to the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon – like a DAY after the wedding! It was so fun to go straight to the honeymoon, and we had an amazing time. It was perfect to get to relax and decompress after a few busy months, and get to spend time together just us. If you are on the fence about a honeymoon, and you can make it work – DO IT!