This Pyramid Lake Resort wedding in Jasper was filled with adventure and love. Even with the cold mountain air, Chaylene and Randy were always up for adventures – including a day after session snowboarding at Marmot Basin! We had so much fun with this wedding, and you can tell how much love Chaylene & Randy have in their life.
If you’re looking for a mountain venue, having a Pyramid Lake Resort Wedding is a great choice. This venue offers a beautiful secluded ceremony location by the lake with mountain views. Your guests can enjoy the whole day at the resort with cozy accommodations, winter activities like skating, or boating in the summer. The food is amazing, and there’s a wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning. And of course – there are so many photo opportunities! You just can’t go wrong with a Pyramid Lake Resort Wedding.
Below is just a sample of their day, to view the entire gallery click here.
Jasper Wedding Vendors
Ceremony & Reception: Pyramid Lake Resort Jasper
Hair & Make-up: Wild Orchid Salon + Spa
Wedding dress: The Bridal House
Bridesmaids Dresses: David’s Bridal
Groom & Groomsmen: Moores
From the Couple
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
We got married in Jasper in the mountains because it’s where we feel most alive. Our theme was all around adventure because that’s the type of life we live. Always adventurous + outside of the box. Our colours were charcoal grey, navy blue and forest green with black touches. Our bridesmaids were in grey dresses, the groomsmen in black suits and Randy was in a Navy suit.
Approximate number of wedding guests:
We had 60 people in total including us.
Your top 3 best moments and why:
Hardest question EVER!! Especially when you have the most perfect day! Seriously there was so many magical moments + random amazing things that happened I feel like we could write a book.
– My cousin (and bridesmaid) met someone who worked at the resort and as they got talking she found out that him and his wife play the didgeridoo. As we were getting ready she tells me this story and jokes about how she told them about our wedding on the Island and how they could be there. I remember thinking to myself how that would be SO COOL (especially because Randy and I have a back story on didgeridoos so it was something we would both appreciate) but I didn’t think to much of it because its your wedding day and there is other things happening. A little while later she pulled me aside and told me that it was in FACT happening and they were welcoming our guests. I was so surprised and we appreciated it so much! Everyone enjoyed coming to the island and being welcomed by some live instruments. I really wanted to share this just to show HOW magical our whole weekend was. Things just fell into place for us and looking back still gives us that warm fuzzy feeling.
– Our ceremony for sure. It was filled with exciting, vulnerable, loving moments. It was our own way. Once I noticed all the people as I came down the aisle I awkwardly said ‘shiiiit’ and at least broke the ice. My dad said some of the most profound things to both Randy and I. I will never forget that. We both had always wanted someone special to help us celebrate being married and my Aunt did the most beautiful job and helped us create a ceremony that showed a piece of us. We shared what the mountains ment to us, got people to share their blessing for our lives on stones we picked together, and we chose to write our vows together. We decided that because we have always believed in strong communication we wanted to be sure we knew what we were focused on moving into the rest of our lives together. We put our vows on scrolls and exchanged them at our ceremony. It was just everything we wanted.
– Right before we entered into the reception. Randy and I had 5 minutes to ourselves. We were able to just breathe, check in with each other and have a moment of love before we were with our guests for the rest of the night. We were able to peek in on the reception and watched as our bridal party got introduced one by one. We really enjoyed the moment of being able to watch our guests laugh and connect and have fun. It was just nice to be in the moment and enjoy it together with no one else around. We both think back to it often.
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
We both really enjoyed the song and when we considered it for our first dance, we just knew it was right. As we continued to listen to it getting closer to the day it helped us envision what our day was going to be like, and what all the experiences would feel like. It built anticipation for the day and helped inspire us to make it just right.
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
This is also hard! We put thought into every single detail of our wedding. We only did things that had significance to us and created the weekend to fit our most authentic selves. Hopefully, through our top 3 things you can see what I mean!
– The photos!! We knew how important it was to us it was to have good quality photos. We wanted to make sure we had someone who could help share us as ourselves and be able to be versatile with what we wanted. And we were lucky enough to find the TWO of you. We were happy that we have such an array of photos to look back on our wedding and that we chose to do such diverse photos. The day time mountain shots, the photos in the trees, nighttime sparkler ones + even the next day snowboarding shoot. It was all so fun and we have so much to look back on and appreciate how well it was all done by Rob and Jennine!
– The decorations + extra touches! Everything was thought of and created with and by myself or the most special people in our lives. The wedding ‘signs’ were all thrifted picture frames hand-painted by my little sister and vinyled by myself. The lanterns were all thrifted or borrowed from people around us to bring variety. The spruce was off a tree that I planted in my grandmas garden from when I was in grade 1.. I learned from my mom how to sew to make shalls for the bridesmaids and our moms. We made hoodies for our bridal party and parents and all took photos in them. My older sister spent hours helping me vinyl the sweaters + socks and so they were just perfect. Our guest book was an old snowboard we painted. Our party favours were essential oils and dog treats (we have 4 dogs). Our center pieces showed our love for the outdoors ( wood cookie with a jar of lights greenery). Randy and I would come up with an idea and with the help of my sisters, my mom + my maid of honour it was brought to life.
– The Venue!! This place fell into our laps. The story behind how we ended up with our ceremony at Pyramid Island and our reception at Pyramid Lake Resort is one I will never forget. But it was meant to be because it was absolutely perfect! It was stunning. The island is so beautiful and although windy I couldn’t imagine our ceremony anywhere else. The resort was BEAUTIFUL and went over and above for us! They upgraded our suite, made everyone feel so comfortable and welcomed and did anything they could to keep us happy. We had the best service for our rehearsal dinner, the reception and even breakfast Sunday morning. Everyone was able to fit at the resort so we were all close but had our own space. Just because of how we ended up going with this venue we had never seen it before our meeting the day before our wedding when we had our meeting with the coordinator and we were so impressed with the walk through of the building and the run through of our schedule for the day of. We just couldn’t be more grateful. We plan to go back for every anniversary.
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
– Start early and be intentional with making time regularly to get things off your list. Especially if you plan to do it all like we did. We got engaged Sept 2018 and Married November 2019. I remember asking my maid of honour how early was too early to plan. We always knew we would get married in November in Jasper so we traveled there to look at venues two weeks later and everything else unfolded.
– Stick to what you and your significant other want. Really envision your day and make it your own. Nothing you do will please everyone but it should damn well put a smile on you and your spouses’ faces. Everyone will have an opinion and its totally okay to hear them out, but it doesn’t mean you have to do it. Especially if it doesn’t fit what you are trying to create.
– Be chill. Things may or may not work perfectly. Let it all come and go and just soak up every moment. Everything will just fall into place.
We had these plans to go to BC. We tend to just pick a place and plan later and we had a few spots in mind to snowboard but were just going to go where we felt was good. Turns out planning + partaking in a wedding is EXHAUSTING. We didn’t even leave Jasper. Hahaha. We snowboarded the day after the wedding for our snowboard shoot!! 😀 Then we spent like 3 days sleeping and resting. We spent some time playing board games and reliving all of the moments over our magical weekend and wrote them in a book. Seriously we wrote so much down because we had so many special things happen. Our weekend was perfect and we want to remember it with that same excited feeling so we wrote it all down right away. It gave us both a sense of reliving it and we were able to hear stories from each other perspective. We went to a coffee shop one morning that we had never been to and they had a ‘pay it forward wall’. You can buy a drink, leave a special note and put it on their wall and someone can redeem it for what you purchased. We left an oat milk latte for another honeymooning couple. Once rested we went on a nice big hike to see parts of Jasper we had never seen before. We went back out to the island where we got married and just spent time with the two of us and it was seriously so much fun. We came back home feeling like a million bucks.
Pyramid Lake Resort Wedding in Jasper
If you enjoyed this Pyramid Lake Resort Wedding, we think you’ll love this Lake Louise Elopement.