There’s just something about winter weddings that make everything feel so cozy. Jennifer and Cody’s Apple Creek Golf Course wedding was full of warm, happy vibes, and a whole lot of fun!
Below is just a sample of their day, to view the entire day click here
Ceremony, Reception and Caterer: Apple Creek Golf Course
Marriage Commissioner: Wendy Paul
Florist: Debra Spence
Wedding Cake: Avenue Cakery and Bakeshoppe
DJ: Wild Bills
Hair & Make Up: Debra Ann Makeup and Hair
Wedding Dress: NRT Fashions
Bridesmaids Dresses: Meghan Rauth Sewing Possibilities
Bride’s Shoes: Chinese Laundry
Rings: Spence Diamonds
Groom’s Suit: Joseph Abboud
Groomsmen Suits: Calvin Klein
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
The groom’s favorite time of the year is in the winter, and he also proposed in the winter. The colours just seemed to match the wintery feel and the plaid tied it together to make it cozy!
Approximate number of wedding guests:
Your top 3 best moments and why:
1) First look because the groom got really emotional and it was a special and unique moment.
2) Ceremony because we FINALLY GOT MARRIED AFTER 10 years!!!
3) Speeches because they were meaningful, especially the mother and father of the groom! Super emotional!
The song was by a band that we both enjoy and have enjoyed since we met (Plain White T’s). It is about loving each other and not needing fancy things as long as you have each other. PLUS! It was easy to dance to!
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
1) Wedding dress – I had it custom-made because I didn’t want to deal with alterations or trying on dresses with my body being such a unique shape. I got exactly what I wanted, and I was even able to have some beads and lace pieces from my mother’s dress sewn into it so that I could have a piece of my mom with me all day. It was the only dress I tried on, and I also didn’t even see it until a month before we got married!
2) The ties and pocket-squares – these were also custom-made. We fell in love with this plaid fabric that tied our colours together and had it made into the ties for the men. The extra fabric was then placed around the venue to match.
3) Cake toppers! We had dinosaurs dressed up as a bride and groom. It took me forever to make them because the garter kept breaking on the girl, and the bow tie on the groom was so small! Eventually it came together and I was super proud of how they turned out. They brought a piece of our history and how we met to our wedding and made it more unique!
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
Start saving asap! Bring in bottles and cans, save your change, use your savings account for interest.
Try to plan ahead and don’t stress about the little things. It will happen however it is meant to! Also! Don’t be afraid to get rid of traditions that don’t suit your wedding or your style. Make your wedding yours!
We will be going on our honeymoon in May to the Dominican. We are waiting until May because the bride is currently in school for education and has some classes to finish up. We will be taking an extra long vacation to make up for the wait!
This session has been archived