Katlynn & Andrew weren’t going to let anything stop them from enjoying their day! They had to change their plans a few times over – thanks covid, and then on top of it all, we threw a wrench in their plans too. After being overdue with our son Avery, and having an emergency c-section, I was a lot less mobile than expected (don’t worry, we’re both totally ok!). Thankfully, we are a part of such a wonderful industry with amazing people, and Tim + Court Photo and Film stepped in and covered for us!
We are so grateful for wonderful clients who are so understanding, and to be a part of an industry with amazing photographers like Tim & Court.
Canmore Wedding Vendors
Shot by – Tim + Court Photo and Film
Edited by – Teller of Tales
Marriage Commissioner – Patrick Smiley
Florist – Frankies Fricken Flowers
Hair & Make-up: Simplyme Hair & Make Up
Wedding Dress: The Bridal Center | Willowby by Watters
Groom Suit: Moores
From The Couple
Wedding theme and colours:
We are a pretty simple and outdoorsy couple. We went with a wintery outdoorsy simple theme. Our original centerpieces were going to be just simple hurricane vases and candles and greenery. Out flowers were simple white flowers, greenery, and pinecones. For hair and makeup just a natural clean look. As for accessories that’s where we had more fun. We decided a tartan wrap made of wool would be good for the ladies as it was the end of January. The hankies we found online and thought that they were funny and matched our laidback sarcastic personalities. And because we had to change our plans because of covid, we ended up getting to bring out pup, which was perfect. In the end, everything came together as we hoped. Just a wintery timeless scene.
Approximate number of wedding guests:
We had originally planned to have a wedding of 80 people. After all the changes with Covid, we were able to have a ceremony of 10 people.
Your top 3 best moments and why:
Our top three moments:
1. First look- the anticipation up until seeing each other, the nerves….the nausea haha. It all subsided when you get to finally see your person.
2. The ceremony- We are a pretty goofy, hot mess, of a couple. During the ceremony Katlynn’s veil got stuck on the bridge, her dad tripped over the veil, Andrew grabbed the wrong hand to put the ring on, and Katlynn said waffle instead of lawful. Overall it was a funny and wonderful experience, despite the cold.
3. Our first dance- We didn’t get to have a reception or a standard first dance but we still got to have one. After we changed into jeans and sweaters instead of our wedding attire we had a small get-together with our cohort. After everyone left Andrew and I got to do our first dance in the living area in our room. It wasn’t fancy, it wasn’t filmed but it was perfect.
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
We had two songs.
1. procession/video song- once in a lifetime, Landon Austin. Katlynn chose this song for the procession song. In listening to a million songs she came across this one and it just seemed right. Could picture the whole thing.
2. first dance- you are the Reason, Calum Scott. I know overplayed now, but when we were looking for the first dance songs it came across both of our spotifys and we both chose it separately to be our first dance song.
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
1. Our photography team of course! Both Jennine and Rob and Courtney and Tim were amazing. Through all the replanning covid restrictions and baby having we had a wild ride. Jennine and Rob were amazing to work with, so relaxed and so helpful with all the stress around planning a covid wedding. They helped us with elopement locations and supported us with making hard choices about what to do. And then even when they couldn’t be there for our day they made sure we had an amazing couple to come and take the pictures for us. 10/10 would recommend
2. Flowers- Frankies Fricken Flowers: Frankie was awesome. She was able to achieve exactly what we were looking for and was so accommodating with all our changes. We chose faux flowers because we know it was going to be chilly and we wanted to be able to keep them after.
3. Cake- Kake by Darci: Darci is a gem. Her desserts are the best we have had and she was also so helpful and understanding with our changes. We will definitely be making the drive just for snacks often.
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
Don’t let what other people want, or think you should have, get in your way. It is you and your partner’s day. It is not about anyone else. It’s about showing your love for each other to each other, not for the rest of the world. Just for you both. Also, don’t get discouraged when things don’t go according to plan. We replanned our wedding 7 times because of COVID, but we always kept our day. Getting married was more important than the party. You can party later. It will be perfect no matter what happens because it’ll be your day.
We ended up having to cancel our honeymoon due to covid so instead, we hung out in Canmore for 5 days with our puppy. hiking, skiing, and enjoying our little family getaway.
Intimate Winter Wedding in the Mountains
If you loved this winter wedding in the mountains, we think you’ll like this December wedding (before covid) in Canmore and Banff.