With covid and the constant changing schedule, that unfortunately meant that we weren’t available for every change – and that happened for Laura & Braedon’s wedding. Thankfully though, we are connected to some of the best in the industry, and we couldn’t be more grateful for the team at Tkshotz Photography. They stepped in for us and did an incredible job, if you aren’t following them yet – you should be – they are amazing.
Wedding Vendors in Canmore
From the Couple
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
We had planned for a natural theme with sage green and soft pinks/whites. Although we didn’t end up having our wedding parties standing up with us, our colours were still reflected beautifully in the florals.
Approximate number of wedding guests:
Only nine including the two of us, and we wouldn’t change a thing!
Your top 3 best moments and why:
– Exchanging our own personal vows was an absolute highlight of the day. It was so meaningful for us to be able to put our love and promises for one another into words and to share that with our loved ones as well
– Having time just the two of us right after the ceremony to take photos around Canmore and soak in the fact that we were officially married!
– Our parents and siblings sharing such beautiful, heartfelt toasts before dinner, and surprising us with amazing video messages from our family and friends who couldn’t be there with us
– One more because picking only 3 was too hard – our small family dinner turning into a party on the dance floor by the end of the night!
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
Straight Into Your Arms by Vance Joy
Vance Joy was an artist that we listened to a lot when we first started dating. This song really captures the beauty in the simple, everyday moments like coming home to one another at the end of the day, and how anything can be made better by being together.
Your top 3 favorite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
– Our venue in Canmore! The mountains have been a big part of our lives together, so getting married outside with the mountains behind us was so important and meaningful to us
– Having our ceremony live-streamed so that family and friends all over the world could watch and share in our day
– We had some special decor from each of our hometowns – birch candles for Birch Beach and pebbles from Cobourg Beach – that really represented our families coming together
Any advice to those that are planning their wedding?
We can only really speak to the process of planning a wedding during a pandemic, and although it had some serious challenges, it allowed us to really consider what we wanted and what mattered most without worrying so much about what might be the norm. Don’t be afraid to do things differently than you had originally envisioned – it may end up exceeding your wildest dreams!
We spent a few weeks back home in Ontario with our families right after the wedding, but that doesn’t count! We would love to go to Hawaii – it seems like the perfect mix of adventure and relaxation.
Canmore Wedding at Cornerstone Theatre