Craig and Caitlin’s Cornerstone Theater Wedding in Canmore was a day of perfection. There was really no words to describe how beautiful and emotion filled the day was.
The below is just a sample of the day – you have to see the full day by clicking here!
The Amazing Vendors
Ceremony, Reception, Wedding Planners, and Catering: Cornerstone Theater
Bridal Gown: The White Room Wedding Boutique
Bridesmaids Dresses: Magic Moments Bridal
Groom’s Suit: Derks Formal Wear
Groomsmen: Derks Formal Wear
Favours: Thank You Coasters from FeatheredCanvas
DJ – Gaston Maqueda from the Cornerstone Theater
Hair and Make Up – The Pretty Haus
Caitlin’s Make Up – her friend Ayla Bowser
Flowers: Adored Occasions for bouquets. And flowers for centerpieces through Etsy.
Marriage Commisioner: Marion Kutzer
This wedding has been archived.
Wedding theme and colours (explain the reason behind your decision):
We decided on an eggplant purple and grey because we thought it would look absolutely amazing with fall colours and the changing leaves. Our wedding theme and decor truly centred around the rustic style of the venue and we played off of that
Approximate number of wedding guests:
Your top 3 best moments and why:
- Saying our vows to one another because it came from the heart. Yes there was inside jokes and only things we would know or get but those words we said to one another meant so much and something we won’t forget.
- Best man and Matron of Honor speeches; why because these two people have watched us grow up from the time we were little gaffers and their speeches blew our minds and had us in tears with how beautiful it was. I (Caitlin) will never forget the look in Craig’s eyes when he was listening to his brother speech.
- The surprise slide show; why because it was completely unexpected and a true honour that our parents spent apparently many weekends together to create this beautiful montage of photos which was surprising we actually had very very similar photos growing up.
Wedding song, explain choice for song:
The Good Stuff by Kenny Chesney. When Craig and I first started dating he had texted the lyrics of this song and I just thought he was trying to find some sweet way to swoon me over. Come to find out later when we were dancing in our kitchen I finally realized those lyrics and what he was doing. I (Caitlin) just love the look in Craig’s eyes when this song plays and the look he always gives me when he’s ready to dance to it
Your top 3 favourite wedding details (cake, flowers, dress, band, etc.) and why:
- The flowers were from Adored Occasions, an Etsy shop. I was a little hesitant on getting flowers in general, but when I came across this shop the colours and the fact that I have this beautiful bouquet to treasure for a lifetime is that much more special.
- The food at Cornerstone Theatre because it was a absolutely to die for and if you didn’t leave that wedding that night with a little food baby you were doing something wrong. It’s mouthwatering just thinking about the delicious food again.
- The Staff of Cornerstone Theatre: Now this may seem like an odd wedding detail to have, however the staff at Cornerstone Theatre are absolutely the most amazing people you will come across in the “wedding industry”. Everyone that worked with us from April, to Megan who took over, to the bartenders who remembered our guests drink orders, to the catering staff who kept dinner going, to the behind the scene staff who kept it running like a well oiled machine, Gaston the wedding DJ who kept the party going well past 130am to the security team who kept some potential British wedding crashers out of our venue as Craig and I were saying our last goodbyes at the end of the night were amazing. There is truly not enough adjectives to describe how thankful we were to have them apart of our special day.
We did a pre-honeymoon to Disneyland back in March of this year as we weren’t entirely sure of our schedules after the wedding with Caitlin changing jobs and cities but as it got closer we found an amazing deal and jumped at the chance to go again. We spent 6 days in Anaheim, California with 4 days at Disneyland. We got to watch the Flames FINALLY beat the Anaheim Ducks after 26 games on their ice breaking the Disneyland curse once and for all. We also toured around Malibu, went back to Ruby’s Diner in Huntington Beach, the best 50’s little diner place and through Laguna Beach where we watched the sunset that night.
How did you meet?:
We met in Lethbridge when Caitlin was finishing her final preceptorship in nursing
We had looked at engagement rings previously as we knew within the next year we wanted to be engaged, however when we went to the Bahamas with Craig’s parents in January 2016 an engagement was the last Caitlin’s mind. Craig had left to go back to the hotel where Caitlin stayed on the beach and as he came back in had written “Will You Marry Me” in the sand. He asked her to dance to one of their songs “3,2,1” by Brett Kissel and then asked Caitlin to turn around and as he did got down on one knee and asked. The best part was having his parents as paparazzi which I’m so thankful to have those photos